Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Random thoughts on why we're doing this...

So a lot of people have been asking why we are doing this.  I think it's to lose weight, Alex wants to lower his cholesterol...I think we just thought it'd be interesting and we wondered if we could do it. 

Others have asked if we're worried about our blood sugar spiking.  I am not a doctor, nor do I pretend to know what's going on within my body - but I'm confident that eating fruits and veggies CANNOT be bad for you....

What about protein and grains? Well, I will mostly eat a 1/2 a sandwich for lunch and that would include some deli meat.  We also have been eating some protein at dinner too...so, if anyone is reading this and is a dr...you can advise us of whether or not we should be doing this.  And...give us any pointers.  Thanks!!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. We leave the neighborhood and a few weeks later everything goes crazy!

    I've noticed that you've been juicing mostly fruit. Try to use more vegetables. Carrots and beets are sweet, and juice really well. Leafy greens like spinach are also great add-ins. The sweet potato was brilliant :-) Also, when you eat solid food, try to make it as unprocessed as possible.

    Don't worry about protein, as long as you're either 'cheating' every day or two, or you're getting some whole fruit or vegetables. Unless you're on a physically demanding regimen, your body has a very low need for protein. Trust me - I've known vegan athletes who had gone years on low protein diets. You'll survive a few weeks. Considering how sedentary most Americans are, it amazes me how obsessed they are with protein.

    How long are you planning on doing this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what happens when you leave the neighborhood - we are go CRAZY!!! Yes, we are going to incorporate more veggies - we mostly bought fruit to begin with and didn't buy enough greens - although i was hoping to supplement the greens with our CSA veggies. And we're definitely on no sort of physically demanding regimen! Ha, probably farthest from it! We are just planning to do this till we go to Italy and pack on the pounds while we're there :) Hopefully it'll inspire us to have more fruits and veggies every day - cause I tend to think that we eat pretty healthful already!

    ReplyDelete