Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 3 - yes, we're already behind

So, first I'll apologize that I have been delinquent in my posts.  It's something I'll work on, I promise. 

A few anecdotes before we start.
Juicing isn't as hard as I thought it would be.  Mostly cause we are allowed to eat fruits and veggies at any time...so sometimes, I feel like we're cheating when we have a juice and a meal.  But hey, it's only us...

For the most part, I'm really not starving.  I thought, for certain, that I wouldn't be able to last very long after drinking juice.  For example, in the morning, after having a juice - I figured I'd for sure need to eat at like 9.  Really I can make it till 10, but then I do like (read, need) to have a snack then. 

Lastly, I definitely think having lunch in the middle of the day helps.  If I only had juice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...we might be in trouble, and I would have definitely fallen off the bandwagon by now.

So, now we'll get to the juicing part.

Day 3 was pretty good.
For breakfast we had grapefruits, pears and blackberries.  This was TASTY!!  May be my favorite thus far. Again, the grapefruit was very powerful - so I really do think that we'll have to cut it down to 1 grapefruit per recipe....

Monday lunch for me was TWO Odwalla juices.  I did start with one - but we've been drinking at least 24 oz of juice and when I picked up the Odwalla bottle, I knew I wouldn't last till our reservation time at 7:30. I was heading out to celebrate one of my good friends' birthday at Al Vento.  So I wanted to be able to eat.  I knew I had to be good while out, so I was...I also took pictures of my dinner - mostly because Alex was living vicarioulsy through my going-out-to-eat.  So here's what I ate (please note, I thought I was really good):
just a tiny bit of bread
calamari - not fried...but it did have some bread and a chipotle-aioli-like sauce on top.
A beet salad with greens and some blue cheese


And while I ate that....Alex ate this (will insert picture soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment