Sunday, July 17, 2011

And so it begins

This all began by watching a documentary called, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".  It's about a guy who goes on an all-juice diet for 60 days.  It's kinda what you expect...he loses a ton of weight, becomes healthier and begins his journey to a healthier lifestyle. 


Now, don't get me wrong, it's a great documentary - and it is amazing how much it transformed his life.  But, it was something we watched...not something we would DO.  Little did I know that my husband would jump on the bandwagon.  And boy did he ever!

Now if you know me, you know we live in an average South Minneapolis home.  The kitchen is small, there is absolutely no counter space and with two kids and all of their gadgets...we've got lots packed into it.  The absolute last thing we needed was another large appliance...yet, we got a new fancy-dancy juicer.  It's the kind of machine that my husband has yet to let me touch...it's got a lot of parts, is shiny and yeah, it does a damn good job of juicing! 



Once we got said juicer, we set some rules.  Here they are:
   1. Juice for breakfast and dinner (some extenuating circumstances) for three weeks.
   2. Light lunch (I fought for not being a vegetarian...I mean, let's not get crazy)
   3. Consumption of an unlimited amount of fresh fruits and veggies is allowed
   4. The homemade morning cappuccino is still allowed - other than that, good ol' water
   5.  Saturday night is date night...and we are allowed to eat/drink what we want (alcohol included)

I'm not totally sure why or how I agreed to do this...but I figured it would be a good experiment.  I think I mostly agreed to it to see if I could lose a few inches before heading to our summer vacation in Italy...

So...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment