Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 2 - Breakfast and Dinner

Today we tried two more recipes from the breville instruction manual - seriously, we're nearing the end of them...

For breakfast we had apples, strawberries, pears and we threw in a few grapes we had left over.  It was quite refreshing - and a good morning pick me up!


Dinner today was an adventure.  The recipe was sweet potatoes, celery, ginger and oranges.  Alex LOVES ginger...and he has converted me so that I now cook with it...but fresh ginger is a little strong for my liking. He was CERTAIN that there would be no way to "juice" a sweet potato - but that little sucker surprised him.  He also shouldn't have been allowed to measure the ginger.  Now I know....  So 1 inch of ginger, was in his mind about 3 inches of ginger....
Here's a picture of the goodness:


I truly wish I had a picture of my face when I tried the green goodness.  I'm fairly certain it was horrific...it was like drinking wasabi. Because Alex does truly care about me, he knew he would have to adjust my juice....so he brought out a few carrots...and voila!



I left to feed Phoebe her night bottle, and came back to this:


Alex seems to think that picture is disgusting and would make people not want to drink it...I, on the other hand, think it's pretty fascinating that it separates and so quickly.  I also wanted a cute picture of Zoe to be posted.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Do I want to make this? Did it taste good? I dont have a manual so I will look for a recipe of this. Question: I wqas always told not to eat raw potatoe because it would tear my stomach up (diarheaa)so is that something to ease into or would a sweet potatoe be fine? Maybe its just a myth or an individual thing??

    ReplyDelete