Tuesday, August 2, 2011

So I've been missing for awhile...

First off I must apologize for the lack of blogging.  I went out of town for work and truly didn't have a minute to post.  And then getting back into the swing of things was just downright hard.

So, after that - what can I say.  The juice experiment continues.  I seem to be having a lot more salads...but still 1-2 juices a day. 

Maybe this post will just be about the general way that I feel and how things have changed.  I really am surprised at how not-hungry I am.  I thought I would be starving...really.  But, it really hasn't been that bad.  You can definitely tell my body is getting enough nutrients.  And I am hungry at meal times - that is something that is completely different.  Many times, I would go to lunch because it was lunchtime - not necessarily because I was hungry.  Now, often times, I notice that I'm actually hungry. 

I also think that my stomache size has changed.  I definitely get full off a salad or a simple sandwich (or even 1/2 of one) which I know is a change from before the great juice experiment....

I also feel a lot more energetic.  Truly, I have noticed a difference.  My body can tell that I'm inputting much more wholesome and good foods than I was before and I definitely can tell the difference.

I will also put in a plug for organic food.  I cannot express how DIFFERENT the fruit and veggies taste.  I mean, really - it's surprising how juicy or full of flavor a simple orange or apple or cantaloupe can be.  I can tell you that generally speaking, the organic fruit/veggies get overripe much quicker than normal fruit/veggies - so it does make me wonder what they do to keep everything looking so picture perfect for so long. 

So all in all - I look at this as a lifestyle change.  We are not going to juice forever - but maybe as a body cleanse every now and again.  Or when I'm feeling a little underloaded in the nutrient category.  We've still got a little over a week to go....so I'll keep you guys more up to date than I have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment